Adult Football League 1 (AFL1) 2018

They don’t! With 3 teams it goes down to a head to head to head basis and the team with best points difference against the teams on the same points. So a mini League of TD Cuala and OPER with results against one another. iirc Cuala have the best results against them

That was my belief also I was off the opinion Cuala would get the spot even if TD do beat Boden

I see so regardless of the td result cuala finished 4th ?

Appears so as Cuala beat both TD and Plunketts.

Is it not score difference between the 3 sides in there games they played against each other only?, Think that puts TD through if they beat Boden as Davis had a big win against plunketts

If that’s the case then it would be TD through if they beat Boden.
Below is score table between the 3 in the games against each other.
TD +7
Cuala +6
Plunketts -13

as always clear as mud!!!

What’s the reason behind not keeping it simple team with highest points and better score difference finish in the higher position?

That is correct. Once TD beat Boden, they make 4th; so even though Cuala beat both TD and OPER, they lose out on score difference. The mind boggles!

Why is TD and boden being played in saggart ?

Don’t think it is. It is down for Boden at home.
https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/fixtures/125275

It is down as Saggart on the link you provided!

It’s clearly a drafting error as nobody could believe that the rule is correct. They just forgot to put in points won in matches between the teams as the first determination when more than 2 teams are level. To have points difference as more important than matches won is utterly ridiculous.

Pats Donabate were relegated last year from Div2 instead of Whitehall because of this error in our rulebook.

Sorry, when I linked it, it had Boden at home.

Maybe Marysman didn’t want to travel:wink:

Yeah but I live in lucan now!

Grass pitch with lights.

See previous 50 rants on the lunacy of this rule…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

The rule is
(ii) Where more than two teams are involved – Scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against
from the total scores for) of the games where the teams tied on points played each other only.

The comment that the rule is clear as Mud is right. It could mean Points won against each other and then score difference!
Anyone know a good lawyer

Ballyboden va Thomas Davis is being played in sagart on 7th November at 8.30pn

its a poorly written sentence. This may have been better.

(ii) Where more than two teams are involved – Scoring difference will be the tie breaker.
The games that contribute to ‘Scoring Difference’ will be those games played between teams that are level on points.

So TD beat Boden and they will be in.