Adult Football League 1 (AFL1) 2018

Is colm mc nally gone

For those who say leagye doesn’t matter, is it a coincidence 4 of the top 5 in the league are playing champo semi finals this weekend ??

Ye 100 percent league is ur learning ground and momentum builder.

Gone to Meath

Fair going for him from being over a team relegated from Divison 1 in Dublin to getting an Inter County Coaching Gig…

Sounds about right!

For M**th that is!

1 of them is in the B

Has a good past record though and is reputedly an excellent coach - incl coaching his team to All Ireland Inter final last year where they lost to Westport

Very tight at the bottom still , I reckon Olaf’s will go with castleknock as I can’t see them picking up maximum points from their final two games ! Would it be a shock if slys or brigids we’re relegated ?

I’m more shocked that Brigids are still there to be honest

They don’t have anything coming through either really

Might not have teams but I guaranteethey have some good players coming through. Going through a difficult patch but still a div1 side could beat most on their day

Fair enough but don’t really agree that they could beat anyone on their day , they’ve been irrelevant in the senior champo the last few years and starting to slip in the league

Had a good crop come through 2 years ago I think, should keep them afloat for a while. Not sure how else they are doing at underage.

Can anyone explain why Judes have to play Ballymun in a vital league match the week before their county final?

Why shouldn’t they? Perfect preparation.

Chances are they’ll get it called off if they want.

It should go ahead as scheduled. If not, league will be delayed until December with 1 team in Leinster.
Jude’s can rest players obviously but that’s the luck of timing.
Ballinteer needs points and fixed to play a post championship Vincents with nothing to play for as top 4 secured so they’ll probably field weakened team.
Olaf’s need 2 from 2 but with Plunketts safe, Olaf’s could face 2 teams with nothing to play for.
I think top 4 will be Crokes, boden, TD and Vincents.
2 to go down with Castleknock could be Syls and brigids.

Don’t think we’d fancy that sort of a challenge heading into the biggest game in years. Talk is that Board are refusing to change

Marys have to play towers this weekend and their in the b final next week , a good opportunity to give the lads who don’t get much game a run , surely Jude’s have enough players to accomadate :joy: