2018 NFL: Round 3 - Dublin v Donegal, Croke Park, Saturday Feb 10th, 7pm (Live EirSport 2)

So my paternal county against my home county…

Donegal probably need the points but I would be more inclined to think that Declan Bonner would be happier to see a performance after their disappointment at home v Galway last weekend.

As for us, solid start may bring changes??

Don`t know, Jim is not a man for sweeping changes IMO

So at least half of you is decent then!

Lovely county and happy memories there.

Will be wishing the neighbours win…but see only one winner.

Might be a strange feeling for Nathan Mullins assuming he plays.

The main change I want to see is Comerford given a start in goals. As others have said he could do with some game time.

Other than that I don’t think we need to see sweeping changes, although I would like to see Mearnog’s Carthy given some time at midfield.

So they team mates from St Vincent’s?

Mental.

Edit: there must be a handful of club mates he’s playing against…never mind fellas from the Dublin U21s

Would Dublin fans react negatively towards him?

Was referencing this from the county final

Not a chance

Oh yes.

I saw that clip at the time.

Ok, so they not from the same club!..that’s the final between Ballymun Kickhams and St Vincents.

Yeah. There’s a possibility he could line up against club mates Shane Carthy and Diarmuid Connolly.

This is set up for a major ambush. I feel the same way going into this as I did in 2014. Donegal stuttering along - us looking invincible with only a couple of losses in years and then consider our last outing in Tyrone when the game was in the balance right until the ref threw in the ball.

Minimum 8 point win for me …

Plus he must know some of the squad from when he was U21.

The flip side is that Donegal was part of his childhood - not just liked he moved up here last week.

So he must have some sense of belonging to his new county.

I read he lived in Innishowen for 8 years.

I don’t know.

I’d be happy for Bonner to win by 3 or 4 :wink:

It is good to see Nathan Mullins happening. Counties should do the soccer team granny rule thing and scout Divisions 7-10 for lads with long lost connections. They could pick up a few star players who are just below the top 100 in Dublin. And Colm O Rourke would be happy too.

Always look forward to this fixture. The father in law is from Ballyshannon. Normally comes with us wearing his Dubs jersey but will be wearing his native colours come Saturday. Whoever is picking up McBrearty will have a difficult evening. Class act who is on song so far this campaign. Another Dub playing for Donegal eh

Well in fairness to NM…at least he’s a claim to Donegal.

You can ever hear the odd words spoken with a Northern twang.

Although rumour has it that Fenton’s great-great granda is from Omagh. We’d like him back thanks.

I think Donegal will give you a better game of it than Tyorne.

As you say, McBrearty was class against Kerry and Mullins has been good for Donegal - albeit in the McKenna Cup.

Be surprised if we don’t win but looking forward to this one. 2014 will forever have me thinking Donegal are going to give us a stern examination. There could be a fair few goals in this one

Ok…so I always back Ulster teams.

But I’d like to see a really tight game.

Donegal’s slim hope is that Dublin are behind them in their fitness cycle. Although it’s hard to see anything other than a win for the dubs.

As a neutral…have to say I’m lookimg forward to Dublin v Kerry and Dublin v Mayo games.

Brian Fenton’s uncle was on the Irish Olympic team in 1980.