2018 LSHC Round 1 - Dublin v Kilkenny, Parnell Park, Sunday May 13th 2pm

I thought the management did a great job tactically with what we had. Unfortunately we’re light on debth in squad at the moment which cost us in the end … Mark . Schutte and O Connell not being available makes things especially difficult this year. It’s a three year project for Gilroy, we will get better squad wise

Gutted to lose but happy to look for the positives. Anything at all was going to be an improvement on last year. Thankfully, that performance was a huge improvement. Hopefully the lads can recover physically and mentally for next week. If they can replicate the intensity and skill levels and improve on the wide count, we will have improved immeasurably from last year.

100% it is a good start and a job to blood new lads on the panel.

The only that sticks in the gut, that even if it is may and first round of round robin, we don’t get many opportunities to put Kilkenny away. I thought the tactical job we did on them was very good. Vast majority of their scores were from frees. Not a criticism but if TJ Reid was from dublin we would have won by ten points.

Roll on the next round.

We definitely left it behind us. How many opportunities will we get to beat KK. But to give them credit, they pulled it out the fire as they do

Harsh loss and harsh lesson of experience but great effort​:clap:t2::clap:t2:

Absolutely deflated after that. We outhurled, outfought and battered Kilkenny for 55 minutes. Not an easy task. It’s all been said before, our wides killed us, Ryaner had a bad day at the office. Keaney’s injury seemed to shake our confidence too. He was immense, as was Crummy and Rushe.

Lots of positives and lots of lessons learned, tough ask for St. Pat to pick them up after that. Recovery is crucial now. Well done lads, very proud of you all today.

Thankfully I was one of them. That must have been his best game in full forward? He caused havoc when he got on the ball.

Sean Moran was a beast. Great to see the physicality and tenacity. Kilkenny had to fight for every single ball. We will get better with each game. Very proud of that.

Terrific effort and real gutsy display but unfortunately just ran out of legs and the wide count killed us.

The thing about that performance is I think there’s still more in us and can get more out of some players

But fair play to the players and management they’ve restored hope to someone who certainly didn’t have any.

I honestly don’t think they pulled it out of the fire this time, they were lucky. We just ran out of steam and the ref had kept them within touching distance. If we’d taken our chances it would have been over by the last 10.

Any word on Keaney’s injury?

That was one of the top 5 Dublin championship displays I have seen. You just have to look at our history of results against Kilkenny to put that game in perspective. Sure there are things that could have turned it into a win. But that’s not hugely important, we are well up there again as one of the top teams in the country.

Some of that play today was outstanding, there were spells that were as good as Dublin v Cork in ‘13 which I thought was our peak before.

Left Parnell Park feeling proud today .The missed opportunities came back to haunt us in the end but what an effort by the lads. Ref Robbed us blind but still should have won it. Hope for the rest of the round robin. I thought Liam Rushe at FF was a risk but I was so wrong. 3 goals against Kilkenny is no mean feat. Kilkenny delighted to have got out of jail I’d say but in fairness to them they just kept going. Roll on Wexford.

Yeah I’d have to agree. Pulled it out the fire being the narrative though.

Trollier fit for next week? He would have caused some damage today, cut them open running at them

First Dublin game ive enjoyed watching for a long time. Excellent game! Plenty of positives to take from the game. Hopefully Keaney isn’t badly injured.

He would have been the difference today. But he wasn’t a sub today, so it seems a big step to be playing by next week.

Gutted … just shows that spirit n work ethic ( man management ) are huge factors … keaney goin off n rusher been knackerred in last 10 cost us …

Hope we can repeat that level for next 3 games … cud be in with a right chance if we do … Connolly was v effective when he came on …

Been enough knockers and maybe some justified but hope all on here can get behind them as they cannot be faulted for sheer effort n guts and no shortage of good hurling

Anyone able to tell me where next 3 games are ?..

I didn’t think Connolly made a difference at all and gave away a few balls especially the one to Barrett on the wing.

Mc Gibb and Winters really made an impact when they came in and I thought both were excellent subs.

Did you refer to him as Gilroy & not St. Pat…
Im proud of you @parnellshurler !!