2018 LSHC Round 1 - Dublin v Kilkenny, Parnell Park, Sunday May 13th 2pm

Half that KK team were playing championship for the first time.
10 sides to 3 is some difference.
Missed frees killed dublin

I wouldn’t let Kirwan referee a juvenile match. I don’t think I ever f…ked and blinded so much in years. I’m worn out.

All of that Kilkenny team are currently league champions.

Loosing Keany was the difference .Definitly paddy smith injured coming out with the ball.

What was the final score? RTE gave it wrong. Walter Walsh point was brought back for a sideline

Shouldnt make a difference. He got calls wrong you wouldnt see in Junior F. He waa a fucking disgrace.

Thankfully Gilroy will recognise where it was lost today, you keep yapping away about the ref. Good luck.

We certainly could and should have won that game today despite the ref. But that does not mean his total incompetence should be excused. In the last ten minutes in particular he was rotten.

Losing Keaney was to big a blow. Watching the Smyth thing again it was only marginal. He should have connected properly with Blanchfield after. No point getting a yellow and the goal is scored anyways.

KK were class in last 5 plus inj time. Their bench prob the difference. Were in trouble next week without Conal. Maybe Danny CF and Durkin in at WF?

Sick.

My biggest concern about next week is having to recover in time (both physically and mentally). Wexford will be fresh and now well warned.

Spot on. That’s how close we are. Gutted but were going the right way again thank god/ St Pat

Massive performance and pride restored in the jersey.

1-7 we were outstanding to a man.

2 points in the end

Time will tell, I suppose, regards our ability to recover. The schedule of fixtures will be a learning curve for all counties in terms of managing game-time. On the flipside, Wexford will be coming in cold to some degree, being their opening fixture.

Gutted. Had a right chance to come out with the win there. Lots of opportunities missed.
Backs very good. Young o Donnell had tj in his pocket. O Callaghan did a job on him when he went to 14. Keaney going off was huge loss. Rushe looked tired in last 10 after a fine game.
Great effort. Hopefully more to come.

I’m not the only one yapping about the ref. I’m telling the truth. Have the balls to admit you were wrong or let it go. Kirwan is a disgrace.

Wexford game next week will be massive . Win and I can see us comming third in group with a chance of second. Lose and season over unfortunately

Lads who came on in the second half to replace tiring legs were well able keep the intensity up, that’s going to be important.

Hopefully they can make this work on the larger pitches too.

Couldn’t have asked for more bar some loose shooting we’d have been home.

Deflated but very proud of the performance, would have loved to see them close it out. Other posters have pointed out the missed frees, the loss of Conal at a vital stage and some dubious decisions. We were playing to the max and came up short, the reality is we have beaten Kilkenny once in championship in 70+ years. If we all had been offered the result at the start of the year we would have bitten the hand off.

If they can build on today’s result we will have come on huge leaps since 2017. It will be a big ask with tired bodies.

That was our best performance in the last 4 years. Heading in the right direction.