2018 LSHC Round 1 - Dublin v Kilkenny, Parnell Park, Sunday May 13th 2pm

I’d aim to give Wexford a rattle. They’re good but not great.

Think we are ok! But not good yet! That was my thinking behind going at Offaly and staying with the rest for as long as possible in them games! If we manage 2 wins I will be trilled!

Watched Kilkenny today v Tipp and looked like they are well on their way back to the summit! Very impressed with their defending. Not a whole lot wrong with their forwards either. It will take some turnaround for Dublin to put it up to them on May 13th.

Kilkenny have Paul Murphy, Richie power, fennelly to come back in.
Being realistic Dublin’s key game this year is Offaly. Other 3 games beyond them.

You are probably right! But Dublin need to be mindful of score difference. Survival in Leinster for next year could easily come down to this! Can’t afford to ship 3 heavy defeats!

Don’t think we’ll beat Galway or kilkenny but really fancy a rattle at Wexford and Offaly.

Look over the league. Most of their scores come from frees now. They have not replaced who they lost. No county could. However they have had to change the way they play due to the fact that the forwards they have cannot just win any old ball, the way the retirees could. They now bring the ball up the pitch. Look at the number of substitutions made today. Cody never had to do that before. He has to taken off lads as they are not scoring. Yes they hammered Tipp (They were at least 10 points better) but Tipp were fcuking useless and cowardly too. Tipp should have put on the experienced lads to beat KK earlier in the league. They didn’t. I’d say Mick Ryan regrets that now.

Dublin’s first game is May 12th and there’s a round of Club Championship on the weekend before. I presume Pat will be pulling the lads back into his setup before that game?

Next round is 19-22nd so that’s three weeks before but yes he has called players back in despite this from what I’m hearing.

https://v4.simplesite.com/#/pages/439447970?editmode=true#section_e836ff20-6120-48cd-a8a9-f9d4209ca157

Interesting take on Leinster

Halfforwad that link not opening!

Opened for me just now. There is a slight pause before it opens. Open it in a new tab

Won’t open for me! :persevere: What’s article saying?

That link is the weakest link. It does not work. Goodbye!

:joy::joy::joy:

Will try post it

http://the-big-bas.simplesite.com/

Proper link

Excellent journalism by this person

Excellent stuff alright! I particularly like the bit where he thinks we will beat Offaly in Parnell Pk. That has the makings of a cracker!

God, that is simplistic enough stuff. Is he 10?

I think if the injuries sort themselves out we will beat Wexford. We might give KK a good game of it too.

We need the likes of Rushe, Dillon, Boland and hopefully Kelly and the Cuala guys (Moran, O Callaghan, Cronin, Schutte) on the field and fit. Put them together with the best of the league guys and we are looking at a totally different dynamic. The team that played the league isn’t the team.

The preparations are severely hampered by injuries, Cuala’s run and now club games. Really badly so I would imagine. But if they can pull it together, it could be very interesting.