2018 Leinster SFC Semi Final, Dublin v Longford – Croke Park, Sun June 10th 4pm

But in fairness he didn’t draw much attention to it, just stated what most would have felt, it is not as if he had a rant like the day he went to town on Dermo.

I like my girls 36 inches tall, none of those fake plastic ones either. :smiley:

Mine tends to bas me around.

I broke my favourite hurl in two with a hard stroke in the box…wow I’ve offended myself there…:speak_no_evil:

Am i right in thinking that the ref threw up the ball because Comerford did not use the tee when kicking out the ball. Saw it happen in a club game and we were all mystified-thats what theref said afterwards anyway

There are a few things that could be awarded here.
The one’s most people know…moving ball, ball not going the required distance, all players not outside the 21, kicking before the whistle (having been warned first usually).

Had this one called on me too…
came out with the ball at my feet to the 13 looking for a quick k/out…ref blew his whistle to allow me to take it…kick wasn’t on so i then placed it up on my tee…the ref said that once the whistle was blown, I may NOT replace the ball…didn’t throw it up but said he would next time. Hadn’t heard that one before.

No rule that you HAVE to use a tee afaik.

Kerry targeted Cluxton,Fenton and Kilkenny in both league games last year. Tadhg Morley pulled out of Kilkenny for the 2 games. Likewise Jack Barry on Fenton. Spillane was all about Kerry standing their ground yet when there on the end of these receiving tactics its all cynical stuff.

Has to be for one of these reasons according to the referees handbook

A Free/Sideline Kick or Kick-out shall be cancelled and a Throw-In ball awarded in the following circumstances:
KICK-OUT
(Throw-in on 20m line in front of the scoring space)
(a) for a player taking a kick-out to take the ball into his hand(s) before another player
has played it.
(b) to be inside the 20m line when one’s team is taking a kick-out.
( c) for another player on the team taking a kick-out to play the ball before it has
travelled 13m.
(d) for a player on the team taking the kick-out, other than the player taking the kick, to
be less than 13m from the ball when it is kicked.
(e) to waste time by delaying own kick-out.
(f) to take a kick-out other than from the 13m line within the large rectangle.

http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/GAANews/13/51/90/13034RefHandbook_English.pdf

Exactly. Somebody buy this man a Bass.

I find more and more these days with Gaelic and to a lesser extent hurling, its all about the popular narrative. One pundit says something and all of a sudden everyone latches on to it and it gets totally out of hand.

For example, that pox Parkinsons one man crusade to get the Dubs out of Croker. Totally pointless, hasn’t resulted in any home games for the weaker counties over the three years. Poor attendance from the opposition too.

Other examples are the various fan clubs screaming for all star and POTY awards for Mayo players. I mean Cluxton captains a three in a row All Ireland team and Clarke gets it last year, total Farce. Keegan and Moran POTY. Give me a break.

The worst of all is the treatment of DC last year. I was at the game and DC get punched 2/3 times in the face by a Carlow man (right in front of Linesman). He then barely pushes his shoulder and the hysteria results in a three month ban. Everyones favourite bridesmaid Moran does worse in the league and nothing.

Sorry for the long post but the point is Spillane et al are very conscious of the populism in GAA and the ability to set a narrative. Coopers the latest and on Sunday they showed his incident without the context of the treatment he was getting during the game. He’s no saint but its so minimal in terms of 100’s of incidents over a Champo weekend. Neil McGee for example

GAA media is a shambles and whatever the latest brainfart is will the next talking point to drag on over the summer

No need to apologise, the culchie driven media got their pound of flesh. Now they want more. We can only keep on winning and they can stick their all stars up their arses.

Do they give you the big caman?

Our revenge will be t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ us continually winning Sam.

That works with or without the correction Jaden.

Cooper is as automatic as you can get in terms of getting into this Dublin team. Brilliant reader of the game and as brave as a lion. Rolls Royce footballer.

Rolls Royce defender. The rolls Royce footballer tag should be reserved for Alan Brogan and Diarmuid Connolly’s of this world! In my opinion of course

Pat Spillane quotes :
‘I’m starting the campaign tonight - let’s get Dublin out of Croke Park’
( the Sunday game oct 2015)
I think it was fairly well rehearsed what Pat had to say. When he was quoting the rules and stuff like that, that raised my suspicions. That was all.
( Dessie Dolan June 30th 17 on Spillane targeting of connolly)
Rory Beggan has replaced Stephen Cluxton as the best No 1 in Gaelic football.
(May 2018)
Maurice Deegan didn’t really know what he was doing in this instance. He penalises Mayo, Andy Moran behaves aggressively towards the official. If you behave aggressively towards the official, it is a black card. So black card to Andy Moran, correct.
( pat Spillane march 2018)
As opposed to his position in regards connolly
“Bottom line it is rule five minor physical interference it carries a penalty of twelve weeks.”
(Pat Spillane June 17)
Pat Spillane wants a GAA ‘transfer system’ created to stop an ‘unbridgeable chasm’ opening up between Dublin and the rest. "Dublin have advantages in terms of resources and a lack of travelling. This is replicated at club level "
(Pat Spillane Feb 2018)
"let’s see when they win four or five-in-a-row and start dominating over the next few years, (if they do that) then we have a problem.”
(Pat Spillane Aug 2014)

Top researching there napper !

Definitely injured. A foot or ankle injury he picked up in an Olaf’s game sometime after the NFL final. I was told it wasn’t too serious, but not sure whether that means back for Laois or back for Super 8s

This article is from 1985 (33 yrs ago), change the players names and it seems very familiar ( football is in decline and standard of reffing is questionable )
https://magill.ie/archive/fall-greatness